Financial and Administrative Specialist
noviembre 13, 2023
The Financial and Administrative Specialist will be responsible for the overall leadership of the project’s finance team and oversees all financial management, internal controls, and financial compliance aspects of the program, in accordance with USAID guidance and regulations. S/he will manage the implementation of accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting for Save the Children, sub-awards, and supporting transition awards to local partners.
The Financial and Administrative Specialist is responsible for ensuring that an appropriate structure exists to ensure effective support of field operations and to protect the integrity of the country office financial and administrative operations. They will also need to maintain consistent coordination and teamwork with other senior positions and individuals working on the program as well as with USAID guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting or other relevant field.
- Professional qualification in accounting desired, CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended.
- Experience in capacity development, including organizational capacity development, designing diagnostic tools, facilitating capacity development action plans, designing effective capacity development interventions, organizing capacity service provision, and promoting innovation and learning in this area.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding local systems and working in consortia, associations, and networks for systems change, shared learning, and collective action.
- Minimum five years’ experience managing finance for USAID-funded projects.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID regulations, procedures, documentation and policies.
- Proven ability to prepare multi-year budgets, donor financial reports and USAID audits.
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Experience as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues.
- Fluent oral and strong spanish communications skills are required.
- English language working proficiency level is preferred.